Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Letter to My Son:SN4


 Where is the Baby Boom I Once Saw in KU?

by
Charl Chotto(buddingbind@gmail.com)


Dear son,
How you doing?I know right now you are pressed by exams almost running out of breath and in a bad mood,so I will be brief.How are you finding the exams?Well,this is of course  a rhetorical question because the obvious is true.I don’t expect things to be easy for you.I am proud to have a son who never entertains idleness and so sure I am that you have been busy the whole semester with stuff Alfred Mutua of "Najivunia kuwa Mkenya Mkenya Campaign" won't find amusing. I am made to understand that the whole of last few weeks you have been busy campaigning for characters who lost even after making pretty posters that made them seem to be more than themselves in real life.All I hope is that they paid you well enough to compensate for the energy you are now using to think and strain during exams as you twist your neck around researching from friends and trying to be clever not to be caught red handed by the vicious invigilators.I know of a teacher-guy who got suddenly fat after he caught some clever students who were taking their brightness an extra mile by hard-eyedely researching for answers while exams were in progress,against the university’s examinations regulations.I suspected the guy was promoted for doing what other invigilators were incapable of doing.
Strange things happen in this life son.Things happened this semester.First,a guy is rumoured to have died in KU in Ngong hostel late in the night when trying to escape from the housekeeper.Apparently he had come for a sleep over at his girlfriend's place but late in the night after the 10pm time-mark for visiting female hostel the guy got so pressed he could dare stand the pressure.So he chucked out with his girl only to see the house keeper.He wanted to become clever not to be caught so he climbed outside the room to cling on the window on the third floor only to fall down and later pass away.Such an honorable thing to die for love!The second thing:one guy went the Oprah Confessional way  out of nowhere to claim that he had been raped by some vicious girls in Nyayo hostels.I want to know what someone was going to do about it but so far that storo is dead.And where are men and there issues left?God knows! Lastly,A well formed fetus was found dumped in the garbage collection point next to Nyayo Three.Whoever did it was  must have had some divine inspiration to do such.Normally for me even changaa cannot go through my throat before I offer a short prayer to the MAN who made the best the world has never drunk-sadly I missed to crush that wedo-out of mere water and always I have to close my eyes and there after scream as the good water slips down my throat.Where did they get the guts to do that?
However,these incidents if true as they are romourd and which I am doing now,they cannot beat what I witnessed while in third year when people came back from the long holiday after the March 2009 disturbances.Almost every chic in KU was pregnant.It was the wildest baby boom I have never witnessed.For days I marveled at how the absurd beautiful working of nature was fast taking over Madam's KU's beautification program and I though  of it much,attempting an understanding of what was going on without finding any answers.Honestly son,I did a lot of pondering over it more than I have ever done for my academic work in KU.But while I was thinking the buds swelled and every where they were walking they were growing wild and ready to bloom.Then I wished I had had a flowering project going on somewhere because it seemed so easy to have a good harvest.To have a bouncing little rose calling me “tatii” and buying the diapers and pampers before buying my first shaving blade would have been  a better investment than the booming photocopy and assignment-doing(?!!)  ventures that is spilling over in KM. It seems now nobody is going that way and strangely it makes me sad.It felt so good to have like a thousand hugs in a day from the expecting chics with round belly pressed on you and you try to imagine the baby saying”enda uoge kwanza”.It felt good to have the feeling of what having an expecting wife would be only that she I might be the least of people she wants see when she is carrying our girl due unfavourable mood swing.Unfortunately I have never come to know why and how so many ladies became so expectant like that!But it should happen again!

Any way,I am already having my thin legs in cold water to try to read this UCU hand out I borrowed from a friend.Of course I am barely seeing what I am reading but I hope that the remnants of what I happen to remember will be of help.A friend gave me a PDF software that can read notes for you.It happens that I remember better things that happen when I am sleeping.Unfortunately the thing never sees even full stops!Ndekhe nyakhane pore pore.Strangely I will get an A in this when the diligent children of Madam who have been going to class will get Ds and then Give up the dream of FIRST CLASS HONOURS.It is the way to grow and it is beautiful life.Good bye,son and may you pass better than yourself.
Loving-Sleep-Walking-Buddy
Good-Loving-Daddy-For-Life
Charl Chotto





1 comment:

  1. i love it guy....only i hope that this is not realli you.....can i use it as a note on facebook?

    ReplyDelete